July 09, 2013

Chasing After Other People's Curl Pattern???



During my transitioning journey, I remember watching videos and visiting hair journey blogs and ooing and aahing over silky smooth curl patterns. I couldn’t wait until my transition was over so my very own silky smooth curls could be unleashed.

Throughout my transition, I slowly began to notice that the texture of my hair didn’t appear to be the same as those I had been drooling over on the blogs and videos. But I kept my eyes on the prize and just figured with a little training my texture could be whipped into shape.

I figured it was the products that these ladies were using that produced these silky smooth curls. So began my product scavenger hunt ...
Check out the rest of my new post on Carol's Daughter Transitioning Movement site and tell me your thoughts in the comment section  :)

Peace and Blessings

1 comment:

NubianLockedPrincess said...

When I first decided to get SisterLocks, I saw a woman with the most beautiful head of locks. Not realizing that my locs will never be like hers. I don`t have tight curl pattern that is needed to allow the interlock pattern to disappear! I was so disappointed when my locs began to mature and I could still see my interlock pattern. I really wanted to cut my locs off then. My loosely curled hair cultivated locs that had fly hair coming out of my locs. One day I realized they were just as beautiful as tightly curled locs.
I cut my locs off in April. My second set of baby locs are being born as we speak! I love my hair texture no matter how wild it is!