June 05, 2009

Pictures of Washed Rope Twists

I'm finally getting around to posting the pictures of my washed rope twists. Like I said in the last post - the rope twists lasted longer compared to regular two-strands, over time they were less frizzy and withstood washing - especially since I braided the roots first.

Throughout the month I had them in, I washed every two weeks and co-washed in between. I also sealed my ends with Castor oil about twice each week.

These pictures were taken after the second wash. I washed with a shampoo bar, conditioned, sealed ends with Castor oil and air dried.


Still a little wet - not many unraveled and less shrinkage compared to regular two-strands.


I wore it down like this for a week. One thing I didn't like were the 'holes' that never went away due to the braided roots.


Closer shot of damp rope twists.


An unraveled twist - looks like two finger coils. I think I will rope twist without braiding the roots, so I can wear a finger coil/twist out.

I have taken the twists out and I'm back to my signature box braids. Before taking down the twists I did a pre-poo ACV and conditioner rinse, then unraveled while damp.

After unraveling each section I detangled with my fingers first, then with a wide-tooth comb and put my hair in about eight braids. I washed and conditioned with the braids in, then unraveled, clarified and styled. This process took a long time, but was worth it because I loss less hair - a small ball less than the size of a quarter!

The detangle, braid, wash, condition, un-braid and style - will be my routine from now on. I may break it up into two days though :o)
Old picture, but exactly how my box braids look - and the exact style I wear each day, although I do change up the accessories.


Until next time, Peace and Blessings...


6 comments:

Mikkimu said...

Your twists were cute and I'm lovin' the box braids.

Soulfully Unique said...

I swear if you were in Minneapolis, I'd beg you to show me how to do my own natural hair. I struggle big time!!!

Yan Tan said...

HEY HUNN JUST STOPPING BY TO SHOW SOME LOVE ON YOUR BLOG...LOVING THE NATURAL SIDE AS WELL AS THE TWISTS VERY CUTE!! CAN'T WAIT UNTIL OURS GROWS OUT!!

**YANTAN**


COME STOP BY SOMETIME.. ;-P

Yan Tan said...

wooohoooo!!!! we are excited you have stopped by our blog!!! You def need to keep in touch with us!!! we don't wanna lose contact with ya!! ;-p


**YANTAN**

Kcurly said...

Beautiful!!

Amina said...

your twists and box braids are sooo beautiful, so lush too